A student registration form must be completed before the student will be allowed to join the class. A new registration/liability sheet must be filled out each school year.
Cornerstone’s curriculum is designed as a full-year learning program with two consecutive sessions: Fall and Spring. (We do offer separate Summer classes and camps) Therefore, students are encouraged to stay in the same class each session based upon placement. When registering, you register for a semester session. If you chose to opt out for Spring term please let us know. Because classes are based on enrollment, we do not offer refunds after term has commenced.
Payment: Payments are made by session (Fall, Spring, Summer) or split evenly and paid monthly. Each monthly payment is due before the first class that month.
Please make checks payable to Cornerstone Ballet LLC. Scholarships are available so please contact us if payment is a concern.
Trial classes: Students are welcome to participate in trial classes if available. Please contact us about setting up a trial class. Due to limited in studio numbers under COVID 19 guidelines we cannot be not as flexible as we have been in the past about trial classes.
Make Up Classes and School Closings: There is no refund for missed classes but make up classes can and should be taken. A student may take a class of any genre offered to their age/skill level as a make up class if a spot is available. We encourage make ups for inclement weather/emergency closings and will give you recommended classes OR schedule a make up class if it affects more than two classes or there is not an appropriate make up option. Up to two make up classes for illnesses/personal absences can be scheduled per term, please clear the dates with your instructor. We follow Loudon County Public Schools for inclement weather closings of DAY time classes. This will not always affect afternoon or evening classes. Please check out our Facebook page. It is the quickest and most reliable way to post open/closed status.
Bullying: Cornerstone's goal is to provide a positive and enriching learning environment where students feel safe. Therefore we cannot tolerate bullying of any kind. If there is an occurrence, the instructor will contact you. If there is no change in behavior it may result in dismissal.
Other Behavioral Problems: The instructor will contact you in the case of behavior problems. In the situation that these issues make it difficult for other students to learn, dismissal is possible. We are willing to work with parents and do the best we can to prevent this situation without taking away from other students in the class.
It is very important to arrive on time for class. Repetitive tardiness and/or absence may result in probation from performances. Please arrive and be ready 5 minutes before your class starts. Be prompt with pick up at class dismissal.
Audience: No parents are permitted inside the classroom except on the allotted Observation and Recital Days and for the beginning of the first class of each session. This allows the students to recognize and adjust to classroom etiquette with limited distraction. Parents may watch/ listen through the glass doors if they wish.
Please initial each box and sign at the bottom.
◦ I have read, understand, and agree to follow by the policies as stated by Cornerstone Ballet, who has the right to dismiss any student for what it considers improper conduct or behavior.
◦ I understand and accept Cornerstone Ballet, its staff, instructors, and landlords/locations (Shepherd Gate Church) are not responsible for injury to myself or my child, whether based on allegations or not, in any way, by any reason of my participation in Cornerstone Ballet. I also affirm that I currently have, and will continue to carry, proper medical, health, hospitalization, and accident insurance which I consider adequate for my child.
◦ I understand and accept that dance instruction may include an instructor to physically touch a dance student during class time for purposes of alignment and correction of dance technique.
◦ I agree that Cornerstone Ballet and Shepherd Gate Church will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to any personal property brought onto the premises or at rehearsal and performance sites.
◦ I agree to pay the stated tuition and performance fees for participation in Cornerstone Ballet.
◦ I understand and accept that Cornerstone Ballet and Shepherd Gate Church are not responsible for the immediate medical needs of its students. Therefore, I agree to keep updated emergency contact information on file where a contact person may be reached during class, classes, rehearsals, performances, and related programs/events.
◦ I understand and accept that any photographs/videos taken during class, rehearsals, and performances may be used by Cornerstone Ballet for publicity or display purposes.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 The coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. Cornerstone Ballet LLC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I could be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 during classes may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others. I understand masks are not mandatory but distancing will be enforced. voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s participation in Cornerstone Ballet programming . On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Cornerstone Ballet, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Cornerstone Ballet, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Cornerstone Ballet program. I CERTIFY STUDENT WILL BE IN GOOD HEALTH WITH NO FEVER OR SIGNS OF ILLNESS EACH TIME THEY ARRIVE AT THE STUDIO. Should there be a need to reschedule classes due to Instructor illness if no sub is available some in studio classes may be taught virtually instead. We are taking signs of illness very seriously in order to keep everyone healthy.
How to Prepare for Class
Food is not permitted in the studio or joining sanctuary.
Please bring your own LABELED water bottle.
Please make sure your child uses the bathroom BEFORE class.
Please make sure your child's ballet shoes are tied and tap shoes have elastics.
Always LABEL all shoes, uniforms, costumes and water bottles.
Dress code is enforced at Cornerstone Ballet. Ballet students Level I and above must wear hair in a bun. Each level of Ballet/Tap/Jazz has a particular class leotard that must be purchased through our studio:
Tutu Leotard Dress: $30
Cotton Camisole/Tank Class Leotard $25
Short Sleeved Leotard $25
Transitional Dance Tights: $12
Jazz Pants: $35
Ballet Sweater (optional, for cold weather): $26
Wrap Skirts: $20